Hair Oiling Tips: Oil is considered essential for nourishing the hair. However, many people do not know the right way to apply oil to their hair, due to which they are not able to take care of their hair properly. Today’s article has brought information about when to apply oil to the hair and how to apply oil. Also, here you will learn about the precautions to be taken while using oil.
Why should you apply oil to your hair?
you should apply oil to the hair for the following reasons –
1. For better blood circulation – Applying oil to the hair improves blood circulation and at the same time nourishes the roots. It is recommended to massage the hair with oil once a week. At the same time, keep in mind that you use the same oil for hair, which is suitable for the skin of your scalp.
2. For Hair Growth- Applying the oil is also necessary for healthy hair growth. According to the Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, if oil is massaged into the hair regularly, it can make hair grow faster.
3. Get rid of dandruff – Oil can also get rid of the problem of dandruff. Yes, many oils, such as coconut oil, have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, which can help prevent the growth of fungus and bacteria that cause dandruff.
4. Brings shine to the hair – Oil nourishes the hair and plays an important role in enhancing its shine. According to research on the National Center for Biotechnology Information, massaging hair with mineral oil can improve its shine.
5. Protects hair from damage – Oil champi can protect hair from damage. The issue of hydrogel fatigue, i.e., rash, is considered to be the main reason for damaged hair. At the same time, some oils can reduce the amount of water absorbed into the hair, reducing inflammation and reducing the problem of damaged hair.
Hair Oiling Tips: How To Apply Hair Oil
The right way to apply oil to hair is as follows:
1. Selection of oil – First of all, choose the oil according to the skin of your hair and scalp. Then warm that oil. After this, let it cool slightly and apply it to the roots of the hair with the help of your fingers. When the oil is well absorbed in the roots, massage it over the hair for 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Avoid using palms – While applying oil, be careful not to use palms. If you rub your hair with your palms, it can damage it. Therefore, always apply oil with your fingers and massage lightly.
3. Wrap the head in a wet towel – When the oil is applied well in the hair, heat a bucket of water lightly. Soak a towel in it and squeeze it lightly. Then wrap that towel in the hair. By doing this, the scalp’s pores get opened, and the oil gets absorbed.
4. Shampoo after an hour- Wait an hour after applying oil to the hair. After that, wash the hair with shampoo. You can also leave it after using oil at night and then pass the hair the next morning.
5. Wash with lukewarm water – Always use lukewarm water for shampooing. It can benefit the hair more.
6. Do this at least once a week – Regular care of the hair is necessary to keep it healthy. Therefore, apply oil to the hair once a week.
Common Mistakes Oiling While Your Hair
Things to keep in mind while applying oil to hair:
- Never apply excessive oil to the hair. Also, keep in mind that the oil should not be too hot; it can damage the hair.
- Always massage with light hands while applying oil.
- Always apply oil from the roots to the ends of the hair instead of the scalp.
- If you plan to go out, avoid applying oil to your hair.
- Do not keep the oil in the hair for more than a day.
Applying oil to wet hair or oiling to dry hair – which is best?
If we discuss which one is better to apply oil in wet and dry hair, then tell that it is more correct to apply it in dry hair. When the hair is wet, its roots are very weak. In such a situation, hair can easily break due to oiling.
How long should the oil be left on the hair?
Oil can be left in the hair overnight. At the same time, oil can be left in the hair for one day. If the oil is left in the hair for longer than this, it can stick to the dirt in the hair, due to which the hair can become weak.
What happens when we apply oil to dirty hair?
If we apply oil on dirty hair, it can stick to the dirt in the scalp, which can clog the scalp’s pores. Due to this, the oil will not reach the roots of the hair, and it will not be able to get nourishment. As a result, the hair can become weak and break.