How To Gain Weight: Many people are troubled due to their underweight and physical appearance. And it is true that like obese people, there are possibilities of diseases for them too. The same amount of dedication and effort are required for weight gain, as much effort as it takes to lose weight. While obesity and increased weight are a big problem, and underweight and lean body cannot make the personality look attractive.
What does it mean to be underweight?
Being underweight means that your BMI is less than 18.5, which means less than the BMI required to keep your body healthy. For example, having a BMI of more than 25 is called overweight, while the condition of being more than 30 is called obesity. Although some people are very thin and underweight in appearance, they lead a healthy life due to their controlled BMI.
How to gain weight fast
It isn’t that eating more than only 4 days leads to weight gain because the digestive system of everyone’s body becomes balanced at one level. In such a situation, even the slightest change in food and drink starts showing adverse effects on the body.
Now even if someone suddenly starts eating more, then the deposition of fat doesn’t need to start within him in a short time. Forming new muscles, accumulation of fat, and stamina without fatigue are lengthy processes. For this, at least 7 days are required.
Although a huge change is not seen even in 7 days, still a person can increase or decrease the weight from 5 to 8 kg in 7 days by changing the food.
Start a nutritious diet to gain weight
To gain weight, it is not necessary that you have to take food containing high trans fat. You can also have high-calorie foods like nuts, peanut butter, starchy vegetables, low-fat dairy products, eggs, beans, and whole grains.
You are gaining weight, which does not mean that you should start eating anything. One should also avoid burgers, cheesecakes, potato fries, onion rings, and candies to gain weight. Because eating all this along with the nutritious diet taken in weight gain can spoil your digestive system.
The best way to gain weight is to take maximum calorie-rich food. And try as much as possible that the number of calories taken should be more than the calories taken out. You can also use a calorie calculator for this.
According to this calculator, you should burn 300 to 500 calories every day to gain weight slowly. An estimation is made from the calorie meter. It is not always needed, but it can help get the right direction in the initial days.
Eat more protein
- Protein is the most important nutrient for weight gain. Muscles are made of protein, and without it, the extra body fat turns into calories.
- Research suggests that many extra calories are converted into muscle when consuming high protein. However, consuming more protein than needed reduces appetite, due to which the body does not get more calories.
- You aim to take 7 to 1 gram of protein per pound of your body weight, which means 1.5 to 2.2 grams of protein per kg. If your calorie intake is high, you can take more than this.
- High protein food includes meats, fish, eggs, dairy products, legumes, nuts, etc.
Change the time and method of eating
- Eat food at least 3 times a day. And take maximum carbohydrate and fat-rich food in the food.
- Adding more spices, sauces, etc., to the food will eat more food; if there is no problem with sugar, sweet food can also help you gain weight. Take energy-rich food like almonds, walnuts, nuts, etc. Dry fruits, high-fat dairy, grains, potatoes, dark chocolate, avocado, peanut butter, and coconut milk also increase weight.
- If you eat more vegetables, there will be no space for energy-rich food, so take fruits like bananas, mango, and grapes, which do not require much chewing.
- Stop drinking water a little before a meal, because drinking water before eating makes one feel full, due to which not enough food is taken, and due to this there is a problem in taking the required calories.
- Eat as much as you can before sleeping. Start drinking milk for high-quality protein and calories. Take weight gainer snacks like chips.
- Take food on a big plate, by this you will get to eat more food. Start adding cream to coffee, and it will give you more calories.
- Take good sleep for muscle growth. Eat protein-rich food first and eat vegetables last. Smoking and alcohol reduce weight, leaving both of them.
How to gain weight for males
Eat more than 3 food in a day, and if your natural metabolism is very good, then even 3 food will not help you, so start eating 5 times.
Take a lot of calories in every meal, and every time you make a meal of restaurant size, it has more calories. For breakfast, make an omelet of 3 eggs, 2 pieces of bread, 1 cup of potatoes, and one glass of orange juice.
Take roti, vegetable rice, and 2 bananas and salad for lunch. You can make baked potatoes and 2-4 cups of vegetables or fruit for dinner.
You can also take sugar soda and big pizzas with nutritious food to gain weight, but it will spoil your metabolism, and you will start increasing fat instead of muscle.
So take unprocessed food like chicken and oatmeal. Cook food as much as you can, and avoid eating frozen or leftover or old grub, high salt, sugary food.
Do weight training to build muscles; you can do it in the gym, or you can also do it by bringing the necessary equipment home. These are important in weight gain, so try to do it 2 to 3 times a week.
You can also do resistance exercises, which build your muscles without lifting weights. Push-ups can also increase the muscles of the chest and arms.
Work out on different muscle groups, exercise equal time, and exercise the muscles of your arm, back, chest, abdomen, and legs. For this, make your week plan like you can work on your arms and chest one day, then one day you can do it for legs, abs and then the next day for back, chest.
You can also hire a personal trainer to do it under the guidance of an experienced person to get the right direction and reduce the chances of getting hurt.
Muscle mass is created when you stress the fibers of the muscles by pushing them more than the limit every day…Therefore, along with the advice of an expert, choose the proper exercise for yourself according to your stamina and your health.
How to gain weight for females
Social life is also complicated for thin females. Even if those women try, instead of gaining weight, fat starts accumulating in the unwanted parts of the body, which along with spoiling the body shape, also harms health.
It is better to think about gaining weight only after muscle weight gain. Therefore, make a plan and work on it, diet, and plan for exercise and yoga to control that fat deposition.
Do weight training, and it will convert your extra calories into muscle. Do some compound movements like body-weight squats, push-ups, rows, or deadlifts. Do not do aerobic exercise like running or cycling, which can further reduce your weight.
How to gain weight at home
By drinking milk with a banana for breakfast every morning, weight increases rapidly. If you do not have diabetes, add a spoonful of sugar to it, but avoid it in case of a cold or cough.
For breakfast, apply peanut butter on bread and take fruits or vegetables. Like banana, mango also increases weight; taking it with milk increases weight quickly.
Please include things like cheese, paneer, potato, rice, soybean, milk, and curd in the food, all of them gain weight quickly.
Live a stress-free life; by taking stress, the weight reduction is also excessive; due to this, there is also a shortage of antioxidants. Therefore, you can control weight by doing yoga, exercising, and a nutritious diet.
Heat 1 glass of milk and add 2 spoons of Ashwagandha powder and 1 spoon of ghee to it; start taking it twice a day; after doing this for a month, the weight will increase.
Chamomile has antispasmodic properties, correcting digestion-related problems like gas, dysphasia, and indigestion and increasing appetite. Good results are seen by drinking chamomile tea daily; you can also add peppermint to it.
Dandelion roots contain potassium, iron, zinc, vitamins C, D, A, and B complex. Weight can also be increased with its help. It can be used as a spice or can be added to tea.
Figs contain carbohydrates and polyunsaturated rated fat, which helps in weight gain. Keep figs soaked every night and eat them twice the next day; after doing this for a month, you will see a good change in weight.
Raisins also contain essential fatty acids that increase weight, so eating about 1/4 cup of dry grapes daily for a month is good for weight gain. Keeping them in water for one night and eating them also gives benefits.