In Haryana’s Nuh district, Two mosques were set on fire, according to the police. Simultaneously, in Gurugram, two brothers from the Muslim community were allegedly beaten up by a group of 30 People of the Hindutva Organization VHP and Bajrang Dal.
Fortunately, no one was injured in the mosque incidents, which occurred around 11:30 pm on Wednesday: the affected mosques, one located near Vijay Chowk and the other near a police station.
Superintendent of Police (Nuh), Varun Singla, reported that one mosque had been subjected to light arson. At the same time, a short circuit likely caused the fire in the other mosque.
According To The Police and Mainstream Media, After Hindutva Extremists attacked Masjids, Businesses and Individual Muslims in the presence of police, “The police swiftly intervened, taking control of the situation and initiating raids to apprehend the suspects. Fire brigades were dispatched to the mosques, successfully extinguishing the flames. Authorities are also examining nearby CCTV cameras to identify the culprits responsible for the incidents”.
Previously, it was reported that Molotov cocktails were thrown at the two mosques.
In Gurugram, the victims, Nisar Ali and his brother Rustam Ali, originally from Malda district in West Bengal, were attacked by a group of 25 to 30 Hindutva Extremists youths From Vishva Hindu Parishad and Bajrang Dal. The attackers allegedly made derogatory remarks about Islam religion and Said Muslims to leave the city.
According To Police and Press Trust of India, An FIR has been lodged against the unidentified attackers under various sections of the IPC (Indian Penal Code), including riots, unlawful assembly, causing hurt, deliberate acts to outrage religious feelings, criminal intimidation, and disobedience to a public servant’s order.
Curfew, imposed after communal violence broke out in Nuh due to clashes, has been relaxed in Nuh. People are allowed to buy daily essentials from 10 am to 1 pm. However, prohibitory orders remain in place in Palwal.
The violence has resulted in the death of six people so far, with 176 arrests and 78 detentions made by the Haryana government in connection with the incidents.
Here are some additional details Related to Nuh Town Violence in Haryana:
- The mosque fire in Nuh is being investigated as a suspected arson attack. The police are trying to identify the suspects with the help of CCTV footage.
- The two men who were beaten up in Gurugram are natives of Malda district in West Bengal. They are living in a slum in Palda village.
- An FIR has been registered against the attackers, and the police are trying to nab them.
- Curfew was relaxed in Nuh on Thursday but remains in place in Palwal.
- The communal violence in Nuh and Gurugram has claimed six lives so far. The Haryana government has arrested 176 people and detained 78 others in connection with the violence.